Your choices are your responsibility
If I borrow it Iíll bring it back,
If I use it Iíll put it away.
If I open it Iíll close it,
If I turn it on Iíll turn it off.
If I make a mess Iíll tidy it,
If I did it Iíll own up to it.
If I hurt someone Iíll apologise,
If I want friends Iíll be a friend.
If I start it Iíll finish it,
If I make a mistake Iíll learn from it.
If I donít understand Iíll ask for help,
If I want to improve Iíll ask where to next?
And if I want to be treated well Iíll treat
others the same way.
- Do you want a school that is more easily managed?
- Do you want to improve the quality of the relationships in your school?
- Do you want to improve the quality of teaching and learning in your school?
- Do you want to build a positive and caring school culture?
- Do you want your school to the best that it can possibly be?
If you have answered YES to some of these questions then
could help your school achieve your goals
An RSS feed is available for all news items and updates on this website.
News and Update feed
Further information about RSS feeds may be found here.
While the following resources are no longer available to purchase from the store, all are available for free in electronic form:
New Zealand Character Counts! Week: 20-26 October 2013
Show respect, grow respect, know respect
Character Counts! Week is an international celebration of character and character formation. It is celebrated in 88 countries and involves over 10 million students.
Complete details are now available on the Character Counts! 2013 page.
Winners of the National Schools of Character Awards
The winners of New Zealandís inaugural National Schools of Character Awards were presented at an awards dinner held in Wellington on Friday 26 October 2012.
The winning schools and colleges are;
- Pomaria, a primary school in West Auckland with a roll of 502
- Kaharoa, a rural, full primary school on the outskirts of Rotorua with a roll of 197
- Taupo-nui-a-Tia College, a co-ed secondary school with a roll of 900
- Palmerston North Boysí High with a roll of 1,733 students
- Wellington College, a state secondary school for boys with a roll of 1,539
Complete details are now available on the Character Awards page.
The Kindness Cornerstone
How do your students learn to be kind?
Written with the busy teacher in mind, this photocopyable resource book is packed with ideas that provide the basis of teaching kindness as a core life skill and essential character trait.
These easy to use ideas that guide teachers and save time include:
- kindness planning templates
- teaching kindness as an inquiry topic
- lists of kindness resources
- kindness thinking skills
- kindness lessons that can be adapted to any level
- complete resources for kindness as the Ďvalue of the termí
The Kindness Cornerstone is now available from the store for $NZ39.95.